Thursday 4 June 2020

Akoranga Tuarima - DFI

Kia Ora Everyone.

Day 5 of our Digital Fluency Intensive PD, and what a rewarding session it was! 
Today we had our fourth session on digital fluency with Manaiakalani. 

The session today was based around Collaborate- Sites. Very excited to see what this session had to hold as I am always interested in gaining new knowledge and tips around google sites and learning more about multi-modal.

In our google sites PD we learnt the many ways you could set up and use google sites. As having experience using google sites as my classroom site, I felt comfortable following along the tutorial. At this time we were given a task to create a 'new google site'  showing your ability to 1. Create a site folder in your drive - making sure the permissions have been set to anyone with the link can view. 2. Create a google doc or drawing - where you will add all links and information you're wanting to add to your site. 3. Create your google site. 4. Add pages to the site. 5. Add a youtube clip, story book, google slide and a image. My google site I created is based around Matariki and her sisters, as the Māori New Year is creeping up I wanted to make sure our school has a one stop shop to find all relevant information they can use in their classrooms, whether it be stories, videos, songs, activities... etc. While working on this task I felt that I had executed all relevant steps, however, if I am wanting to use this resource in the classroom I need to add more detail and translate a few points so not only will I be able to use this in a rūmaki class, but our bilingual classes will also be able to use this. 

The golden rule when setting up a google site

3 CLICK RULE
It should only take the student, colleague or  whānau 3 clicks to get to the destination. 
Clicks:
1.Website site
2.Sub page
3.Activity


Feeling very satisfied of today!
I will be sharing the google site on my blog as soon as I have completed it!

2 comments:

  1. Te tere hoki o tō tuhi! Ae, he mea nui te tikanga o ngā pato e toru. Ka tatari au mo tō mahi Matariki. Kia ora rā.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances,
    Wow, what a great idea, creating a site to share with staff and students! It's great when you are able to compile all resources in one easy to find location. The best part, you get you re-use it next year! Each year it could be built upon or adjusted to suit the tamariki. I look forward to seeing your Matariki site.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete