Sunday 28 June 2020

Akoranga 8 - DFI

Kia Ora Everyone.

Day 8 of our Digital Fluency Intensive PD, and what a rewarding session it was! 
Today we had our eighth session on digital fluency with Manaiakalani. 

The session today was based around Computational thinking. Very excited to see what this session has in store as I enjoy learning more and gaining new knowledge.

What is computational thinking?

Computational thinking (CT) means thinking or solving problems like computer scientists. CT refers to thought processes required in understanding problems and formulating solutions. CT involves logic, assessment, patterns, automation, and generalisation.



In our coding lesson today we were given exploring opportunities to give coding a go and/ or extending our current knowledge on coding. I chose to recreate the 'Flappy Bird' game. Creating and learning new coding skills today, was by far the most enjoyable task of the day. I will be using this resource and skill to teach my students coding and the many activities that can be created through simple coding. I think learning simple coding at our students year level, will improve engagement and gain more interest in our classroom tasks.


The certificate of completion of coding.
Below is the 'Flappy Bird' game I recreated.
If you'd like have a try!
Flapp Bird

1 comment:

  1. Wow Frances, You did an amazing job. I tried to play your flappy bird game, Man is that tricky! Have you shared this with your students? I think they would love to create something similar. Would be cool to have levels also.

    ReplyDelete