Monday 15 June 2020

Akoranga Tuaono - DFI

Day Six of our Digital Fluency Intensive PD! Blown away once again, by the mount of knowledge our facilitators know about Google and digital technology. Every session thus far has been very insightful and rewarding for myself as I am consistently learning more and more! Today we continued our journey towards understanding the Manaiakalani pedagogy of 'Learn, Create, Share' focusing on the kaupapa 'connected'. 
The session today was based around Google Sites. I was interested to see what this session had to hold as I am already familiar with Google Sites. We spent most of day evaluating, updating and editing our classroom websites. Remembering the golden '3 click rule!' Using my classroom site evaluation data collected by my peers in my DFI group, I manage to make a few adjustments to my classroom site to better the learning experience for my students. 

I understand Google Sites are very beneficial for our one to one digital classrooms, but the set up of the Google Site requires a lot of man hours to make them meaningful, engaging and easy to navigate for whaanau, students and colleagues. I look forward to developing my classroom website further and adding new tricks and learning experiences for my students. 

Below is my classroom website. 

1 comment:

  1. Frances,

    I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying every DFI session! That's fabulous feedback that will pass on to all the facilitators.
    Creating sites can be time consuming, but with time, this will become quicker and easier. You will find ways that will work for you and your students. Your site looks great!

    ReplyDelete