Thursday 28 May 2020

Akoranga Tuawha - DFI

Kia Ora Everyone.

Day 4 of our Digital Fluency Intensive PD. Every session is so worthwhile and they manage to fit so much learning into one day! Today we continued our journey towards understanding the Manaiakalani pedagogy. 

The session today was based around dealing with data, using Google Forms and Google Spreadsheets. I was very nervous and happy to see what this session had to hold as the extend of my knowledge with Google Spreadsheet is entering information from document to the spreadsheet. However, at the end of the Google Spreadsheet PD today I have left feeling accomplished and eager to implement Google Spreadsheets, everywhere possible when relating to data e.g. Collect and recording our student data at my school.

Quick tip for Google Spreadsheets:
Spacing in a cell-
If you are wanting to space your sentences in a cell 
If your laptop/computer is...
  • windows: (press) ALT + ENTER 
  • Mac: (press) COMMAND + ENTER
Using the Google Spreadsheet extension, we were set out on a task to collect our classroom blogger stats and put it into a spreadsheet and then using that data to create a chart. Upon completing this task, I became too embarrassed to post my findings and data collection up. My data showed that I needed to post more and put more effort into my classroom blog.  In reflection of this task I have decided to work hard and post on my classroom blogger and professional blogger! My goal for the remainder of this year is to do 2 blogs a week. 

Another PD/Tutorial I enjoyed today was the Google Forms this extension can be used to create quizzes, forms and surveys. 
Our task today around Google Forms, was to create a form with 5 questions, using 5 different question formats e.g. multi choice, short answer, tick box... etc.
Below is the quiz I created, in celebration of Samoan Language Week.

YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME TO HAVE A GO AT QUIZ!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Whaea, it's wonderful to read about your DFI journey. I would love to complete your Google form but I don't have access to it. Could you please go into the settings of the form and unclick the 'limit to users in Kereru Park Campus'? Thanks and then I will do it :)

    ReplyDelete